Sunday, November 11, 2012

[Consistency]

I ran into someone who I haven't seen in years. I never would have thought this person was Christian back in the day. Yet here we were at church for the young adults ministry. It got me thinking. I want to be consistent. I want anyone and everyone that I encounter to know that I am a Christ follower. Without a shadow of a doubt, I am God's daughter and I know it. Not in a preachy, holier then thou way at all. But in such a way that I an confident in who I am in Christ and there is no shame in sharing Christ, the Gospel, God, what God is doing in my life with others and so on and so forth. That I do this with such passion and conviction and love! I know that we go thru seasons. I know that we go thru things to build and strengthen our testimony so we can witness to others. And I got to see that firsthand tonight. That who someone was, or thought to be, has come a long way and is now living boldly and courageously for the LORD. Each day is a new day, a day to make the choice to reread last page and dwell on it, or turn the page and start today anew. It takes courage. It takes confidence. It takes rebuking satan and turning wholeheartedly to God. It takes choosing between God or self. It isn't easy. But it is SO incredibly rewarding. The choice is yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment