Tuesday, March 26, 2013

perfect love drives out fear

Oh snap! It's been way too long since I've blogged. My attempt to blog at least once a month has been so pitifully attempted the past several months.



I've always seen those people who say "I see what she [or he] has, and I want some of it!" Referring to the life of a Christian who is so connected to God, the Source. I've never really been one to think "I want people to say that about me!" But, I have been one who is like "I have it good... I don't need what other people have." That has been until now. I see people around me, knowing that God will provide, knowing that God has great plans for his/her life, believing, trusting, expecting!

That is what I want. That is where I want to be. I long to be so connected to my source that there is no question, there is no doubt.

What holds me back? I suppose a whole slew of things. Probably pride... fear... thinking that I have got this.

Oh how much I fail to "get this." Every day is a new day. Every day I learn something new. Every day is a new opportunity to surrender and submit, to pick up my cross and follow my LORD and Savior-- to rededicate my life to Him. Forever and Always.

LORD. I need You. Every.single.bit of you. Fill my heart and consume me. Send Your Spirit.

There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. -1 John 4:18

No comments:

Post a Comment