Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Good Riddence to that of Ole

Let mine eyes rest upon You, Oh Lord.


So many new beginnings. So many changes. So much that I didn't think was going to happen but God did.


Resting. Breathing. Following His lead and His timing.


I've held so many personal beliefs that "I am not going to do such and such until such and such is done." While these were made with an intention to catapult me towards greatness and launch me to obtain goals, it also acted as a wall and it hindered me from applying myself whole heartedly towards certain things until "it was achieved."


I don't have those anymore. My goals have been obtained. As I paid that last lump sum on my student loans, I am free of my own chains. It was my last ultimatum. It was the last promise I made to myself that I "would not until ...".


Now I can. Now I can freely and wholly apply myself to the beautiful things that God has in store for me without that shadow of "but first I must."


I was getting discouraged because I always had a clear vision to pay my student loans off by May 2016. Yet as that day got closer and I had only paid the minimum amount due the past 10 months I was telling myself that it was a noble effort, but clearly not feasible. Then it hit me. That drive and that peace that says to pay them off. God's got this.


So now here I am, several months in to a new season of life, and I am thriving. All that the word has thrown at me says that this isn't possible. Somehow God made it all work. And I am thankful.


I am looking forward to this new season and the beauty that it will bring. I am excited to pursue love without strings. I am excited to give of myself purely and not worry about standing up to my own expectations or hurdling over my own walls.


God is so good. And He has given me the desires of my heart. We are a team. And He is faithful and true.

No comments:

Post a Comment