Monday, July 16, 2012

Just [a] thought(s)

Ugh, SO frustrated [which is also a HUGE understatement]. It hurts so deeply to see a certain individual in dire need of the most love have a back turned on him/her. The ones who say "blood runs thicker then water" are just stepping aside and turning a blind eye, looking away, just being plain mean. In my mind, this situation requires the most love that can be mustered. To love like Jesus! What does it look like to love like Him? First off, who did Jesus spend most of His time with? The Bible gives clear examples of Him being with the lowly, the rejcts, the sinners, the sickly. Basically the ones that no one else wanted to be around. He was often criticized for being around them. Yet He is the Great Physician; "On hearing this, Jesus said to them, 'It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.'" Mark 2:17 Jesus is here to bring others to HIM! Who am I to judge a person and "see fit" that they aren't worthy of Jesus's love? I long for Jesus to live in me; if this is the case, wouldn't I just naturally be drawn to the sick and needy that others reject? What gets me, is that we are ALL called to love as Christ loves, to allow Jesus to live within us. Yet so often I see pride get in the way and it almost becomes a "I am following Him better then you are so thus I am more like Him and need more of Him then you." Perhaps this is all just my view point, but it saddens my heart so muchly. My continued goal is to continually seek to love as the Lord loves and seek out those who have no one else to love them and shine the light of Christ into their lives. Christ calls them to be His! My brothers and sisters. <3

1 comment:

  1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66zqQBxhUDA

    AGREED! HUG from me since i won't be at swing again tonight. :P Got a horse show to prepare for.

    ReplyDelete