Wednesday, August 1, 2012

New Goals

Running ... running ... running ... Running, something I wanted to get into, so I tried. And failed magnificently. So, something I just thought I would never do. I honestly don't know when, or even why, something changed, but something shifted majorly. Here I am, 4 days before my first ever actual race. No big deal, eh? I am so extremely stoked! The more things I get involved in, the more things I apply myself to, the harder I push, the more risks I take, the more excited I get about living life and doing what I do. I haven't even ran this race yet. I haven't even reach 5k on my own runs (which is more like walking with an intermittent jog/run/sprint thrown in there. So as for this weekend's run, it should be relatively simple to finish within 45-50 minutes at most. New goal: Marathon. I need a date, I need a time, I need to commit. Something to work towards. The biggest fear is that this race will come and go, and that motivation to keep running will completely diminish, vanish, disappear. No. Not this time. I am going to continually look for more races. Run. Runn. Running! This time, I began preparing way to close to the actual race. Here I will start without a date in sight and know that one day (it would be great to run a marathon by fall 2012), I will achieve this new found passion and set goal. Determination. Perseverance. Pushing myself further and farther. Intense. God is so good. God has blessed me with the time, the energy, the schedule, the money, the place to run, and so so so much more. How utterly blessed I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment