Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Life atop the Ground


Running. Running. Running. More and more and more. Fast pace. Slow pace. Run. Run. Run. 


What a joy it has been since I started running. While I can only run about .25 miles before I need a walk break, and my pace is 13.41 minutes to a mile, I am a runner. 


On August 5, 2012 I [ran] my first race. I had an incredible team who pushed and pulled, motivated, encouraged, and inspired me. COLOR RUN! Best time yet. 5k in 38 minutes. When I try to run that far on my own, I get it done in 42-46 minutes. 

How utterly blessed I am to have this ability to run. How blessed I am to have people in my life who support me all the way! Sure, there has been some suspicion of a shin splint in the left shin, but after almost 3 days of resting, icing, and light stretching, if all is well come morning, and I can get ut of bed early enough, I am going to attempt a short walk/speed walk/slow jog/run. Taking it slow, but not going to just sit around and loose what I have gained. [I r u n to loose what I've gained!]

My aunt who worked in the cancer clinic had a patient once say to her "A day above ground is a good day."

Indeed. How happy I am to be alive! I just celebrated another birthday- another year older. I was crying tears of joy that night because I am so so so happy and thankful to be alive. There were certainly dark days and weeks and months that occurred before I got to this point. Some days are still harder or better then others. But ultimately, God is good and He has brought me to this place, out of that place and I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment