Sunday, August 19, 2012

Thoughts

Resting and icing. Rest some more. Ice some more.
It has been 6 whole days since my last run. I don't like this one bit.
I long to have the road, dirt, gravel underneath my feet!

The saying "You are only one run away from a good mood" is 100% true. My days go SO much better after my morning runs. I eat better, I sleep better, I have so much more energy. These days of no run really, really, really is taking a huge toll on my well-being. This shin-splint needs to heal! I keep thinking it is getting better, then I step the *wrong* way and wham! pain! Perhaps I should be a bit more diligent with keeping my leg wrapped and iced?

I am going to strive harder to get on my bike. I have it on my trainer in the garage, but don't always have the motivation to get on it regularly. I would l o v e to take it to the trail; the only things stopping me? Well, first, it is awfully hard to get it into my car. Second, if there is a flat tire, I am not sure I know the necessary means of repairing it. I would love to ride with someone who is experienced. Just for safety reasons.


This is my last week of summer vacation. I have thoroughly enjoyed my summer. I have loved 4 whole months of no homework. Just dedicating myself to work and building my social life. I have built more solid relationships. I have spent more time just being content with live. More time for God. More time with God. More time discovering and becoming the woman whom God has made. In a way, it is hard to believe that summer has flown by, yet at the same time, I am accepting more and more that time just goes by so very quickly.

With that realization, I want to take the time to appreciate everything, everyone, every moment that I have alone, with God, with people, with things. No taking time with people, places and things for granted. Appreciative. So thankful, grateful, for what I have, whom I have, in my life. <3

1 Thessalonians 5:18 Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment