Monday, January 14, 2013

The Last First Day of my time at this College [thoughts on]

Well, today began what very well may be the last first day of class at this particular college. The plan (My plan, which I pray lines up with God's will) is that this is the last semester here, and by May, I will have my Associates in Arts degree.

It has been a hectic crazy busy morning thus far. I managed to make it to campus early (despite the fluctuation of speed on the highway from sitting duck to gazelle) as planned to pick up my books before class began at 9:30. Usually I have my books well before now, but I tried something different this time in regards to that I ordered them online for pickup at the bookstore.

That worked well.

Until I realized that the one prof who emailed us, telling us to come prepared tonight with such supplies, it is the o n e item that is being shipped from Texas and "in transit but due to winter storm in the midwest, there are delays." Hm. Well, I should have it by next week. If needed tonight, maybe I can borrow a fellow classmates?

A 3 hour class took an hour and 15 minutes to go over the syllabus. So then I took the bus up the hill to sit in the quiet study room just outside my classroom to do homework. It is an internet research homework where I need to find 10 drawing of human form, with the artist, date, and medium. Well, I have 2, but can't find the title or date, or anything more that is super grand. So that leaves me wondering what I may be doing wrong?

The goal was to go 3 weeks without Facebook. To be completely honest, it hasn't been as enlightening and "difficult" as it should be. First of all, for some reason or another, all my unread messages keep coming to my phone. So then I read them instead of clearing the notification and carrying on with my day. Secondly, when I am around a friend who is on Facebook, I search me under them and view my profile that way. That is just not right. I do have to say I have noticed a great improvement in my mood/emotions being facebook free. There is no FOMO (Fear of Missing Out). What happens online is not directly tied to the choices I make in the physical world. I don't get on FB via another source because I fear I am missing out, but just to make sure that someone is not desperately trying to get ahold of me, as it is the main source of communication for over 50% of the people I know--many of whom never actually communicate with me. lol Oh me.

I also joined a nutrition class once a week. I can finally learn healthy ways to fuel my body--as well as shed some unnecessary pounds as I joined the weight loss challenge portion of it, too! So excited to see what the future holds!

 I have already found a beautiful love for salads. I dress them up with cherry flavored crasins, feta cheese, apple, raspberry vinagrette, and some source of protein-egg or chicken thus far! Today I tossed in some cucumber, carrots and red cabbage. YUM. Dinner!

What was I thinking when I signed up for Monday classes from 9:30a until 10p?? The longest school day in the history of my college career. It will so be worth it one day. I hope. :P

So much to learn this semester! I am so very ready. I keep saying #BRINGITON! Totally ready. I want to be better organized, but I think that is going to come with time as well as some self-dicipline.

I have a 3-ring binder and a hole punch in my car-that way as I get papers, or print papers, I can just put them into it by class. I did it a year ago and it worked superb. Then I didn't do it, but kept saying I was going it, and I was so very unorganized that semester.

I am trying to clean and organize and simplify my life. Slowly but surely it is happening. I have plans with how I am going to organize under my bathroom sink and all my knitting accessories in my closet. Just a matter of affording the containers and then taking the time to do what needs to be done. I also want to put up shelves in my linen closet to get things off the floor.

There are so many wonderful plans in my head. It all comes down to money and time. It will fall into place. One day. Just trying to be patient and work on what I can work on in theses moments. :D

Well, I suppose I should get back to my homework and finish up my day of class. Only 3 more classes to go! And I must figure out how to apply for graduation. That will be here before I know it! Praying that it all works out swimmingly! :D :D :D


No comments:

Post a Comment