Thursday, August 11, 2011

It's not all about me

Nope. Nothing in life is about me. Not one single thing. We often think that we are so deserving and that certain things are owed to us. In all reality, life is all for God. We are put here on earth to live for God, to honor, love, serve, glorify Him alone! Too often then not, I find myself doing things to get attention from others, to be appreciated by others, to be recognized. Seriously though, when I do things for God, because of God, with God as my witness, He sees, He recognizes, He appreciates. God knows the motives of the heart. He knows why I do what I do, and why I do what I do when I do them.


My goal in life is to have a strong foundation in Christ and that my life revolves around God. Too many times I get carried away in the drama of life, and loose my focus on God.



Lately, I have realized on a deeper level of what it means to "Let go, and let God." As I make all these new connections with so many new wonderful people, my mind questions at what pace do we go? How long should we know each other before ... this, this and this? There is no time line. At least no earthly one. There is no book of "wait this long before you do .. this, this or this." The key is prayer. Pray that God's Will be done, that every action taken is holy and pleasing to Him. I pray that God will unveil every step to take and that my eyes, ears, heart, and mind are open to Him. My physical self wants all of the answers now. I want to know where my future is headed. I want to know what everyone in my life is for. I want to know what lessons need to be learned and if there are bigger reasons that certain people are in my life. Then I have to remember to have patience! I have to remember that God is in control. He places all of these people in my life for a reason, whatever that reason may be, I can be rest assured that He, above all, knows!

About a week ago, I was struggling very much with earthly time versus God's time. My heart was hurting for answers! I was in tears as to why what I wanted was not what was happening. Very subtly, but crystal clear, God spoke to me. It was like night and day. At least as humanly possible, I understood what it meant to leave it in God's hands and know that by leaving it in His hands, he was working on creating something beautiful. While tonight I still do not have "my way," I realize that my way doesn't matter -- it is all about God's Way. I have experienced several things to believe that when it is left to God, something much, much, much more beautiful will come out of it then if it were left to me.


"Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God." -Hebrews 12:2


No comments:

Post a Comment