Saturday, August 27, 2011

No Strings Attached, Part I

What is Love? Well, the Bible defines it as:

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. (Corinthians 13:4-7)

Lately, I have been having struggles with people. Many times I tell people that I love them. And whilest this is true, it is certainly no where near "unconditional love" ... yet. Then there is acceptance. Sometimes it is hard for me to accept someone for who they are; it seems that "if only they did this or that" then I could accept them. It gets frustrating, because my head gets that that is not right! There is such that battle between the head and the heart ...

At times I get so wrapped up that I forget to notice the "big picture." I forget to remember that God is love. That God accepts me for me. That He love me for me. If God can accept so and so for who they are, then most certainly I can accept them too! There shouldn't be any judgment. Everyone should be accepted equally!

One of my biggest struggles is letting go. Letting go of past hurts and wrong doings. Again, my head gets that there should be no grudges, but allows it anyways.

I am giving everything, my all, to God, my Heavenly Father. I am weak and need to rely on Him for strength. Thru Him I have lasting friendships and relationships. Everyone is equal. Everyone is treated fairly, with the respect that is due to him/her. We are all children of God, brothers and sisters in Christ! It is about time that I start acting as one. I can proclaim with my mouth all the right things, but it does no good to not supplement those words with actions! Positive actions, God willed actions! Actions that are holy and pleasing to God!

Instead of just saying how I want my life to be, I am handing it all over to God. He is the captain of my ship. He is the one who guides me. He is my source of all good! I turn to Him to help me and guide me. To bring me closer to Him. Whatever I face throughout the day, I can be rest assured that God is right there the entire way, helping me along.

With His help and grace, I have that unconditional love that He wills for me to have towards my brothers and sisters in Christ! Amen.




Galatians 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

Galatians 5:13  For you were called to freedom, brothers. Only do not use your freedom as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another.

1 John 4:7  Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God.




No comments:

Post a Comment