Saturday, November 5, 2011

Christ be our Light!

This is the day the Lord hath made, I am rejoicing and I am glad! Another beautiful November day! How abundantly blessed I am! God has been blessing me so richly and words cannot express the gratitude that is in my heart. Thank goodness God knows my heart!

How wonderful it is to live for God and let the light of Christ shine from the inside out! I long for others to experience this joy that burns within me and share in the peace and hope that comes alone with it!

How do we reach out to non-believers, or even believers that have not yet experienced this? I want to profess from mountain tops that God is the Lord of my life and then proceed to tell everything that has been going on in my life! But is that going to persuade others to turn to God? Probably not nearly as effectively as desired.  

One of the easiest ways for me to reach out to non-believers and share the light of Christ with them, is by letting Christ be my light and living my life as a living testimony to the Risen Christ! Lead by example. One can preach with words, but if someone is not ready to hear what is being said, then the words will not be heard.

At least for me, there is nothing more inspiring then seeing someone live a life for Christ and seeing the fruits of their labors.

That is not to say that life is easy, but it certainly is rewarding. Have faith and take a step towards God! Faith is taking the first step even when we cannot see the entire staircase!


"But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him" (Hebrews 11:6).
 
"If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you" (Matthew 17:20).

No comments:

Post a Comment