Monday, January 2, 2012

If you have to start somewhere, why not here?

Resolutions ... New Years Resolutions. You know ... those little promises that are made to oneself on December 31st and claim that they "take effect" the following day: January 1.

Listening to the radio today, I heard that by the end of January 35% of people have already given up on their resolution. Then the question was asked: Are you one of those 35%?

Personally, I have never actually made a resolution. I have never understood why January 1 should be a huge day for making and living out potentially life changing life style habits. If you're gunna do something why not now? If you have to start somewhere, why not here? Yes, it is a new year, new beginnings, new starts, etc., but cannot today be a day of new, too?

As I begin 2012 my main goals are to continue to strengthen my relationship with God! To continue to grow closer to Him! To continue to strive to be Christlike and have the light of Christ shine within so I can be a source of light to others pointing wholeheartedly to Him who made me! Just to name a few. 2012 is going to be an amazing year. My life is in God's hands. My God is in control. My God is guiding me. Not to say it will be easy, for I have already learned that almost anything worth having in this life is going to take some work to obtain (for God is just working on perfecting everything about it!). But as long as it all lines up with God's perfect will for my life, I will have what my heart truly wants and have the strength to get through the hard times to achieve the ultimate end result of something beautiful!



My main goal this year besides what is stated above is to get CPR certified.



I pray that God is with y'all this year and that He blesses all you and your family so very richly indeed! Be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment