Wednesday, July 25, 2018

The Legacy that Awaits

We just welcomed to our humble little abode a beautiful new dining room table.  It was not in the plan to purchase a new table, but yet here we are. 

When we bought the table, my heart swelled with joy and excitement and anticipation of the conversations, meals, laughter and fellowship that would be taking place with friends and family gathered in the years to come.

The table we had before we bought ours belonged to a friend's grandmother.  The short while we had it, I was excited to continue to build a legacy of love around it.  It was not perfect, it was not our first choice, but it was well loved and had a story. 

When that table was returned to its family of origin, I began to get all sentimental about owning our own table and the legacy that we would build .... not about the table being a legacy, but the table would be the center in which was gathered around for stories of love, conversations of grace and correction, tears of laughter, joy and sorrow. 

Everything in my home is a launchpad for Kingdom work.  Far too often I forget that. 

From the cribs, glider and changing pad in my nursery, to the couch, coffee table and bookshelf in my living room.  May they all serve as a beautiful reminder that God has something greater in store and that everything I own is only on temporary loan to me.

God has provided a way for me and my husband to own what we have furnished our house with; the least we can do is use it for His greater glory.

So come on by.  Pull up a chair.  Relax on the couch.  Let's share a conversation.  My home is your home.

1 comment:

  1. Hello sister Catherine. I am a Pastor from Mumbai, India. I am glad to stop by your profile on the blogger and the blog post. I am also blessed and feel privileged and honoured to get connected with you as well as know you and your interest in the Word of God.I liked what you said in your blog post " Every thing in my home is a launchpad for Kingdom work". I am blessed by your blog post. I have been in the Pastoral ministry for last 39 yrs in this great city of Mumbai a city with a great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. WE REACH out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the brokenhearted. We also encourage young and the adults from the west to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. WE WOULD Love to have your young grown up children come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. I am sure they will have a life changing experience. LOOKING forward to hear from you very soon. God's richest blessings on you, your family and friends also wishing you a blessed and a Christ centred rest of the year 2018. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede

    ReplyDelete