Friday, August 10, 2018

Motto of the Year

Two years ago I had a "Year 27 motto." That motto read "Do not follow your dreams ... chase them!" And chase them I did.

I wanted a year 28 motto and I tried "no excuses" but that I did not follow through with.  Ironic, right?

Today, a new year begins.  And what will it hold?  Year 28 held marriage, the first year of the social work program at school, closing my foster care license, two miscarriages, and additionally lots of love, laughter, and joy alongside of the hardships and sorrows.

Year 29.  Year 29 will most likely involve relicensure in foster care as I do not anticipate any setbacks.  As for a motto, I have not put much thought into it.  I have thought about it, but nothing real profound has stood out to me quite yet. 

I want year 29 to be a year of motherhood.  And I am believing that that will happen.  Foster Care.  Biological.  Pre-Adoption.  I am ready for whatever the Lord has planned and prepared for me.

Open.  Receiving.  Glory to Glory.  These are all things I want year 29 to reflect. 


No comments:

Post a Comment