Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Thanksgiving may be over, but giving thanks is all year 'round.

Last night I was talking to a dear friend and just right in the middle of a light-hearted conversation, I stopped and said that I needed to take the time to thank God for how wonderfully indeed He has been blessing me and continues to bless me.

There is much in my life that I could do without. There are many things that are only a convenience. There are so many small things that I could take for granted. But no, I want to thank God for every single thing. Everything, no matter how big or how small, comes from Him above.

I have been blessed so richly with what I have and I want to appreciate it all and know that it comes from the good Lord above!

I have been blessed with a loving dad who helps me out in every way he can. I appreciate this, and while it would be easy to take advantage of him and mooch off from him, that is not the right thing to do. My dad is great and I thank God for working in our relationship and helping us to reconnect and build a bond that we never had.

Talking with a wonderful friend today, it occurred to me, yet again, just how much I have grown over the past year and a half.

Living with my dad has taught me much and helped me grow in ways unimaginable.

I remember my mom telling me as a young child that I will appreciate my things better once I am older and actually have to pay for them. I believed this to be true, but it is one of those things that is never fully understood until it is actually experienced. An example being: Since I am the one who does the majority of the baking in the house, I have bought many of the mixing bowls, glass baking ware as well as other odds and ends. I certainly do appreciate them, and thank God that I was able to contribute in that way (as my dad gets to enjoy the nomminess of what is make in and with these things!).

I have a very unique situation. I can honestly say that I never imagined that my life would be like it is today. I have been through some rather trying situations and made quite poor, stupid decisions, but all in all, every circumstance has shaped me into whom I am today. While I am not proud of many choices and certainly do not brag about them, I accept that they are a part of me and that I have grown from them and they help form me as I continue on this walk called life!

So many people have entered my life whom I am thankful for! It does my heart good to run into a friend at school and be greeted with a warm smile and tight hug! There is such joy is meeting a friend for coffee or lunch on set days of the week and just being able to be me and grow together as women of God! I have been introduced to theater productions and have since fallen in love with watching these people on stage, then followed by a late night dinner (or breakfast) at IHOP where we just enjoy each others company and spend quality time together! Having people whom I can turn to with just about any problem that life is throwing my way. People to turn to to pray together, to seek God together, to just enjoy life, seeking to do the will of God in all things!

Six months ago I never imagined my life would look like this. I am deeply amazed at where God has led me. He still continues to lead me, and for that I am forever grateful!

What a blessing it is to wake up each morning and take in all of God's goodness!

I pray that the veil be lifted from my eyes and that God's glory shines forth from everything and that I acknowledge Him in it all! I pray that Christ's light radiates from within me and that I can be a source of light, comfort, strength, etc., to everyone I meet. But not because of my own strength, but only because of God's strength within me. I pray that God continues to work through me and that through me, others come to know, love, and serve Christ here on earth, ultimately achieving eternal life in Heaven with our Father.





33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own (Matthew 6:33-34). 

No comments:

Post a Comment