Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Where God has put me

I've heard Nursing Assistants referred to as "Certified Butt Wipers." This can indeed be quite true, sometimes more often then not.

One of those fleeting moments of walking past the mirror out of the bathroom and vanity slipping in. "You're too pretty for this." I actually stopped dead in my tracks. That was certainly not a voice from God.

Immediately I knew it was from the enemy and I thought a little deeper. Humbling indeed, but my job also makes me very thankful. I am thankful for my independence. I am thankful for the freedom to move about as I will. I am thankful that I have control over bodily functions. I am also young. I don't know where I will be in 50 years. I don't even know if I will live to see tomorrow. Perhaps one day I will be on the receiving end.


So, tonight I am not "too pretty to have this job." I am right where God wants me to be. Even if that involves doing rather unpleasant jobs in order to help someone who needs a little extra help.

No comments:

Post a Comment