Saturday, October 29, 2011

The Beautiful Surrender

Letting go is not an easy thing to do. I often find myself doing things or saying things that I hope in vain will keep something for myself that I think that I need. So very thankful that God knows better. God has my life all mapped out for me. He knows who and what will come my way and which of these will stay and which ones will go. As stated in Jeremiah 29:11: "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." I can take such comfort that God is watching out for me!
It is getting to that point of surrender-getting to that point of giving my entire life to God. Sometimes I want to cling onto the past. I get to the point of being comfortable with a certain situation, that I am afraid to experience something new. Even when I recognize that something is not benefiting me anymore, even when I know that it is time to move on, either for the sake of myself or someone else, fear can paralyze. I need to have that faith, hope and trust in God alone! I need to surrender my will to God and allow Him to work in my life in ways unimaginable to me!

Surrendering my life to God opens new doors of opportunity-ones that I would be too blind to see if I continued to life my life according to my own thoughts! I give everything that I am, and everything that I am not to the Lord. I am His, and He can do with me whatever He pleases to do. I know that He has wonderful plans in the works for me. I have complete faith that His plans will cause tremendous growth within me. I give everything to God- the good, the bad, the happy, the sad, the serious, the silly,and everything in between. The Lord my God is so awesomely amazing. God is working ever so tremendously in my life, who am I to stand in the way? I have had moments when I have received exactly as I have asked God for because I felt that I needed them, only for me to realize that God knew what He was doing by not allowing me such things.

How beautiful, how rewarding, how sweet it is to live for God! How wonderful it is to go out and not question my actions, because there is that trust that I am doing exactly as God has called me to do! I keep my faith in God strong by continuing to ask God to direct my ways, by asking the Holy Spirit to be ever present in my life, by continuing to seek the counsel and wisdom from those more experienced then myself, by constantly staying absorbed in the Word, and by communicating with the Lord, my God, through constant prayer --just to name a few.

The Lord's plans are great for me. I surrender my life to the Lord, and trust fully that His plans for my life are yielding great fruits!





"Not everyone that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven." Matthew 7:21

"If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love. I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you." John 15:10-12

No comments:

Post a Comment