Friday, October 21, 2011

Live for today

What a beautiful day the Lord hath made, let us rejoice and be glad in it! 

So often I find myself taking advantage of the little things in life. Too often I overlook small details. Tonight my prayer is that I appreciate everything--no matter how big or how small. 

I want to live as if I were dying. I want to live my life as if today were the last day. By no means in a morbid or depressed way, but in a beautiful, loving, selfless, living-my-life-to-the-fullest-for-God type of way! So often I find myself daydreaming about tomorrow. So often I envision what my future is going to be like. I was just talking with a friend that I have known for nearly 4 years (or is it going on 5?). We had big plans. We were going to get married and live next door to each other and raise our children together. Certainly, God had much, much different plans for the both of us. I have been learning to trust in God with all of my heart, for He alone knows what is best for me!

I want to life in the moment. I want to appreciate and be thankful for what I have now. Not later, not tomorrow, not next week. What other moment is there then now? Why worry about tomorrow? "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own" Matthew 6:34. Finding absolutely prefect peace in this exact moment is such a blessing from God.


That's not to say that I don't make plans, because I most certainly do. I still have responsibilities. I still have obligations. I still have work and school. If God needs me elsewhere, He alone will get thru to me and craft it ever so beautifully that I will still end up where He wants me regardless; I can't get in the way of myself when my life has been handed over to God. I am not steering my ship. I am not guiding my life. My life is in God's Hands; my every move. 


I continue to strive to live my life for God! I continue to hand my life over to Him every moment of every day. While life isn't always easy, I know that the trials help me grow into a stronger woman of God!




Here's the song that is on my heart tonight:



I Hope You Dance lyrics
Songwriters: Sanders, Mark D.; Sillers, Tia;

I hope you never lose your sense of wonder
You get your fill to eat but always keep that hunger
May you never take one single breath for granted
God forbid love ever leave you empty-handed

I hope you still feel small when you stand beside the ocean
Whenever one door closes I hope one more opens
Promise me that you'll give faith a fighting chance
And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance

I hope you dance
I hope you dance

I hope you never fear those mountains in the distance
Never settle for the path of least resistance
Living might mean taking chances but they're worth taking
Lovin' might be a mistake but it's worth making

Don't let some hell-bent heart leave you bitter
When you come close to selling out reconsider
Give the heavens above more than just a passing glance
And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance
[From: http://www.elyrics.net/read/l/lee-ann-womack-lyrics/i-hope-you-dance-lyrics.html ]

I hope you dance
(Time is a wheel in constant motion always)
I hope you dance
(Rolling us along)
I hope you dance
(Tell me who wants to look back on their years and wonder)
I hope you dance
(Where those years have gone)

I hope you still feel small when you stand beside the ocean
Whenever one door closes I hope one more opens
Promise me that you'll give faith a fighting chance
And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance

Dance
I hope you dance
(Dance)
I hope you dance
(Time is a wheel in constant motion always)
I hope you dance
(Rolling us along)
I hope you dance
(Tell me who wants to look back on their years and wonder)
I hope you dance
(Where those years have gone)

Tell me who wants to look back on their years and wonder
(Dance)
Where those years have gone
(Dance)

No comments:

Post a Comment