Monday, February 20, 2012

"A tortilla chip eaten by a dog crunches just the same as if it were eaten by a human"

No, the title really has nothing what so ever to do with what follows. It is just an example of what my Sunday night was like when my friend fed her dog a chip and made that statement as the dog munched and crunched the tortilla chip. 

------

I am once again in awe of how amazing God is. Sometimes I get an idea of how I want something to work out and what I think will make me happy. I pray about it, and actually I get what I want. But in all reality things go so very differently then how I thought they would and they end up so so so much better then I ever would have dreamed of.

As interesting as the past several weeks have been emotionally and mentally, God still works wonders and knows exactly what I need to keep me focused on Him and give me a boost to put a smile on my face.

So many prayers are being answered. I can feel God's presence in my life. I can see where God has transformed me more and more into the woman He wants me to be!

There are moments when it feels as though no progress has been made. There are moments when it feels as though it is "one step forward, two steps back." But those are lies. I am always moving forward. Always growing. Always striving to become the woman God wants me to be!

One struggle has been that when I see a noteworthy characteristic in someone else, I want to be like that person. Talking with a friend last night, there was a revelation. This verse comes to mind:

 "4 For just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, 5 so in Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others" (Romans 12:4-5).

Each of us has our strengths. Each and every one of us has our own individual strengths that we can and should use to glorify the Lord! Each of us has something unique and different. Each of us is like a different part of the body, where it takes all of us and our talents, strengths, weaknesses, etc. to move forward, to move closer to God!

When I walked out of the house last night, I was just so thankful to be getting away from technology (as neither me nor my dad could get the printer to print my school papers). I had no idea what the night would hold. I had no idea how late I would be out or what kind of conversations would be had.

It is quite a blessing to not have preconceived notions of what the day holds. It is so nice to leave everything in God's hands and just go with the flow, going where the Good Lord leads!

If only I could write down every conversation that was had last night. If only I could remember every word that was spoken. All I know is that last night was a night in which my heart was touched in a way it has never been touched before and all I can do is praise and thank God, from whom all good things flow!

Last night it was as if someone was holding a mirror up in front of me, showing me who I am today. I talked about my past. I shared parts of my testimony. I was open and honest. I was accepted, loved, respected. I got to bond with a friend and connect on a deeper level.

I saw more clearly just how my past has shaped me into the unique individual whom I am today.

God has brought me so far on my journey. Sometimes it is really hard to fathom where I was only 9 short months ago. I look back and see the growth I've had. I am excited to see what the future holds! While I certainly do not know what the future holds, I DO know who holds the future! What a relief it is, and what great peace, comfort and joy it is, to know that God has me in the palm of His hands forevermore!

I say it constantly, but seriously, no amount of words will ever be able to sum up my gratitude.... I am so thankful for the people in my life that I have been blessed to get to know. God never ceases to reveal himself to me and shower me with love. Even on the down days when there is such a feeling of isolation and a longing to be alone, I am never alone. My God is always with me, never to leave my side. What more could I ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment