Friday, February 10, 2012

A Tribute to My Peers

In a world that sometimes appears to be falling apart with attacks from the enemy and people conforming to who they think others want them to be, and the completely shutting God out, I am thankful to be blessed with such Godly people in my life.

Sometimes it seems it would be so very easy to fall into the ways of the world. There is immodest dress, cussing and swearing, taking God's most holy name in vain, and the list goes on and on. These things have become so common in today's society, that when one does not take part in these things, heads are turned towards them because they stick out by being different.

While taking a stand for the Lord is not always the easiest way, it is amazing when a large group of people (in my case, young adults) take a stand and live for God.

Words cannot sum up how I feel. I love having friends and people who hardly know me, accept me and love me for who I am. There are certainly things we disagree on, but ultimately we realize that we are all on our own individual walks with the Lord seeking the ultimate truth. We encourage each other and inspire each other and love each other for who we are.

These people have been such a huge blessing in my life. It has truly been refreshing to spend quality time with people my own age who want to build me up; not tear me down. I love you all possibly more then you will ever know!!

Because of all you, I have learned so much more about my faith and my relationship with God has grown so much stronger!

I was just reflecting on where I was a year ago. I am just amazed at where I am today. I am so thankful that God has been working in my life and that He continues to do so by using all of you!!!

Again, it is just so so so beautiful to have such amazing people in my life. Whether I have known you for years, or just met you last night, you have all played such a huge, important role in the deepening of my faith and hope.

Never change. Yes, keep growing and continuing to let God transform you into whom He want you to be, but never, ever let your gaze wander from the wonderful gifts that He has for you! It is so rewarding to be so close to God and live life solely for Him.

I love where I am in life and I know that God has placed all of you in my life to help propel me forward, bringing me closer to Him!

You all are absolutely amazing and I thank all of you from the bottom of my heart. I pray that God blesses you all richly and that you always keep your focus on the Good Lord and seek first and foremost the kingdom of God!

† God Bless Y'all Forever! †

1 comment: