Friday, August 21, 2015

Time Gone By

One year ago was so long ago. I forgot what changing of the seasons from summer into fall smells like. I forgot what it looks like. I forgot how good it feels.


Every year without a doubt, come this time of year all I want to do is plan trips to the corn maze, the apple orchard and the pumpkin patch. To smell fresh baked donuts. To ride on a horse drawn wagon ride.


Pumpkin spiced everything is everywhere. I just want to bake pies and have my house smell all fall-like and get that excitement built up inside preparing for the holidays.


Pumpkin pie. Apple pie. Blueberry pie. Cherry pie. And then toss in a white chocolate pumpkin cheesecake.


Then I'd like to go on a kayak trip for a fall color tour. One thing I love about living in the Mid-West is that we get to experience the beautiful display of colors and have the changing of seasons.


The grass was mowed today and the smell has wafted across me and it smells heavenly.


My mind is in a happy place ... a mix of productivity, excitement and wonder are present today.


Coffee has been drank and it was more delicious today then I recall in mornings past.


 ~~




There is so much to be thankful for everyday. I want to choose joy and love. I want to seek out the good and the gold. I want to call out the riches. I want to seek God and let God shine through me in all areas of my life. Even when I am down or experiencing a hard time, I want to focus on Him and be thankful because He does hold me and know every intricate detail about me.

No comments:

Post a Comment