Monday, March 12, 2012

A Temple Like No Other

Those moments and realizations in life that hit me square between the eyes and when I go to write about my personal revelations, I come up short on words... I am going to attempt this none the less. Here is a post that I started way back when. Well, it was sometime between December 20th and February 20th.


So, as I was munching on yet another cookie and starting to feel guilty for doing so, I heard a small voice within, "your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit!" "Yeaaaah, I know this," I thought to myself, "what's that got to do with this cookie??" I just had to ask... right? Realization! If my body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, everything that goes in and all that comes out should be used to glorify God! I should nourish my body not only spiritually, but physically as well! There was a point in my life when all I did was nourish it physically, but almost completely ignoring the spiritual nourishment. Then onto the opposite extreme. I began nourishing it spiritually, but the physical part was seriously lacking. Again with the balance. I need both to be healthy. I need a healthy body to have a healthy mind to have a healthy relationship with the Lord, my God! It is all connected. I cannot have one without the other. I cannot focus on just one aspect. They both go hand in hand. So, from here on out, I need to watch what I eat, I need to exercise instead of eating more, I need to watch what I say, I need to watch what I do and where I go and how I live my life. It is not just what I eat. It is what I say, what I think, what I do, how I interact with people, how I respond to situations, if there is failure to stand up for beliefs and stand up for God's truths. Yes, my body is a temple of the Holy Spirit and how proud I am to have God living within me! I hope and pray that as I go forward, it is evident in my daily life that it is not me, but God who lives inside me!

No comments:

Post a Comment