Thursday, July 21, 2011

All's well that ends well

Wow what a heck of a start to the day! Or an end to last night. Either way, I am happy that all has ended well and it is almost bed time!

Last night resulted in getting called into work for 3 hours, getting home after 11:30. Of course I don't go to bed right away, but typically fall asleep by 1a. This morning I had to work at 9a. No problemo. Just do what I always do. Yea right. Woke up at 8:32. So uncommon for me to oversleep. Yes, I cut it right to the wire, but usually never over it! Well, up and scramble and hurry and out the door by 8:39. How I despise those kind of mornings! At least I got my teeth brushed and hair combed ... sorta.

So on the road I go. I am normally on the road by 8:37, getting to work with 2 minutes to spare, so I knew I would get to work on time, despite cutting it so close. That was until I missed my exit off the highway! It wasn't even like I watched it go by. I must have been in a zone, cause I remember going, "oh shoot, I totally missed my exit *insert mental facepalm*" Then I saw that I had a missed call from work, asking if I could work 3p-11p today as well. Good thing I was expecting this. I called em back, letting them know I could help out, and asked them to call my client to let her know that I was running a couple minutes behind schedule so she wouldn't worry about me. So I get to work actually only 2 minutes late --even standing at her door! Well, not only was I running late, but so was she! She wasn't even out of bed yet! So there I stood ringing the doorbell, knocking, going from front door to back door. After 8 minutes, just as I was calling work to seek advice, she opens the doors. Finally, at 9:14 I was in the house ready to begin my shift.

Oh dear to that shift! It actually went well, despite a few "why on earth's??"

Finally on the road by 12:06 and home sweet home by 12:30! Then it was showertime and time to make my lunch and dinner. Surprisingly, after what a heck of a morning, Lunch managed to survive, despite it baking whilest I was in the shower! So then time for work take 2. Running late. Again. Cried nearly all the way to work. Needed caffine, stopped at gas station. Opened cooler door onto foot. Was so ready for bed again and hopefully wake up on the right side this time. But too late for that. Time to make the best of it. Called a friend in response to a text and about lost it. I was 3 minutes late to work.

After hanging up with said friend, I got to thinking. I felt like I was at the breaking point, that I could no go on any longer, that I had had enough. Then plain as day, God spoke to me. He reminded me of my friend's most recent blog post. It is basically about an old pot that was of no use, that the potter broke and then turned into something beautiful, although it brought pain to do so. That was me today. I broke down. I cried and asked God to transform me. To make me beautiful and help me to be useful. To be the person He wants me to be. And an amazing thing happened. Such peace came over me. I just stopped crying and put a smile on my face and the rest of my day went smoothly. There were a couple tests, but my afternoon was amazing. God used my feeling of brokenness. Sometimes when we feel as though we need to break down, we really, truly do! Use those tears to wash away the old, to make room for the new!

My friend sure has an awesome way of putting a smile on my face. I am not sure whether to say despite his seriousness he is sarcastic, or to say despite his sarcasticness, he knows when to be serious. I lean towards the latter. So anyways, we were being serious and at the flip of a coin we were talking about the most random things ever. This is what happened all over text today; from computer gnomes and zombies to shovels and AK 47s. A day that started in almost complete tears, turned into an afternoon of laughs and giggle and complete silliness!

As the evening approached, things were still on the up side. As of now, things are still most definitely positive.

Though today there were moments when I was challenged and wanted to throw in the towel, I was reminded of how good our God is, how He is using everything, how He has a plan, and how I fit into that plan. I certainly have some amazing friends who continue to boost me up when I feel like going down. Thank God for all the wonderful people He has placed in my life.

God puts the right people in the right place at the right time for all the right reasons. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment