Saturday, July 9, 2011

Another day ...

Another day is coming to a close.

How absolutely blessed I am! Today I went to Division Street Fellowship and helped hand out food and clothing to the homeless. What a blessing that was! Such an amazing feeling of being a blessing to others, without expecting anything in return! Despite the day being over 87 degrees and somewhat of an air conditioned building, several fans running, no one there that I really knew, I am so thankful for that opportunity! It is certainly something that I see myself doing more in the future, God Willing. Seeing the smiles on some of the peoples faces what priceless. There were very few people who verbally expressed their appreciation. Even if the people were ungrateful and no one thanked us, I still would have walked out of there with a smile on my face knowing that my day was pleasing to God, and that I reached out and made a difference in someone's life.

One of the other volunteers shared a part of his life story with me, as well. He has such an amazing faith in God! Despite what he went through many years ago, he is an incredible man of God! I am excited to see how God works in my life, so in years from now I can look back upon it and share it with others and maybe, hopefully inspire them! Even now, I have many stories to share that have made me whom I am today!

The past day or two have had their fair share of struggles. First and foremost, I am ever so thankful that God Himself is in my life. Every day I am reminded of His presence, and realize just how blessed I am. Secondly, I am ever so thankful that God has put such amazing people in my life to guide, encourage, and inspire me. Even those that challenge me and question me. Life is a learning experience, and God is ever by my side.

Please pray for me as I begin my journey tomorrow morning volunteering with the 2 year olds in the Nursery!

No comments:

Post a Comment