Friday, July 1, 2011

Blessed to be Blessed


Despite the feelings that sometimes God is so far away from me, there are so many signs that He is ever present, always by my side. There appear to be opposite extremes. One moment, I would proclaim from the mountaintops that God is here, then in the next minute, I myself question where He went, and was He ever there? The Bible says that Jesus is with us when we feel as though he is the farthest away. I have to have that faith and trust. My head gets it and understands it. My head gets many things. It is the heart that struggles so much.
It is in those moments of doubt, when God shows Himself to me so wonderfully. It is without any doubt that I can honestly, wholeheartedly say that God is here, always by my side. Just these short moments are so wonderful, so joyous! But when they are over, the feeling goes with it. I want that joyous, light hearted, knowing feeling of God in my life. I need to keep pursuing God.
I have been so incredibly blessed to be welcomed into a community that accepts me for me and encourages me to strive to have a relationship with God and Jesus. Last night, I had the privilege of sitting down with a special lady and was allowed to just talk and talk and talk. She sat there, actually listening, and despite my constant interruptions, she continued to listen to and talk with me. At the end, she prayed. I’ve never had anyone pray for me like that. It is always a “I will pray for you” *walks away* After that, I went down to the bonfire. Who would have thought that something as simple as roasting a marshmallow would mean so much to someone? At the bonfire, another wonderful person I met offered to roast my marshmallow for me. I gratefully accepted her offer, and although I showed up to the bonfire well after I was anticipating, she still had my marshmallow for me. My night finally ended with being asked if I would like to attend a 4th of July party. Although I have only been a part of this community for 3 weeks, I have been welcomed more then I ever could have imagined! God is guiding me down this path. I have no idea where it is leading, but it is all good. God is waiting for me. My heart is open to whatever course He has laid out for me.

Thank you all who have been encouraging me and have been there welcoming me and supporting me on this journey I am on. You all know who you are. God Bless You All!

No comments:

Post a Comment