Tuesday, July 12, 2011

... and that is why it is called .... "The Present"

All's well that ends well! Such a beautiful sunset to such a beautiful day! I honestly could not have asked for a better day. God certainly knows what He is doing!

I have stopped "telling" God what I need. When I ask God for anything, I always ask Him to bless me with the graces I need to get through the day. No more long lists of what *I think* I need. God ultimately knows what I need to get though each and every moment, and He has blessed me beyond measure with so much more then I ever could have asked for! He is certainly a God of plenty!


I have been experiencing such peace since I accepted God back into my life. For a little while I was expecting it to be such short term, but it is obviously real seeing that it is lasting! How could I deny God? Who am I to even think for a moment that *I* could be blessing myself in such ways? I am certainly not! I have "let go, and let God" take over my life, and it is an amazing feeling!!

Today was picnic day! I only remember ever being on one picnic in the past, and that was just a month ago! So thankful for small blessings! All I had to bring was cheesecake, water, and (makeshift) picnic blankets! Oh how I love sitting on blankets in the grass! And the weather was the most "poifect" picnic weather! Sun was shining, a cool breeze, low humidity! Oh how good is our God! <3

Trying to find the park appeared to be a task in and of itself. My GPS was trying to get me there, but I questioned it all the way ... "Is there seriously a park almost right behind meijer?" Well, sure enough there was. Well, to the east a little and through a cute little neighborhood and such, but there it was! Tucked back in the middle of, so it seemed, no where! So peaceful and quiet and perfect! God certainly had a hand in picking that place for us! So I spread out the blanket and we sat down and talked for a little bit before I was ready to dig into the delicious wraps! After a couple hours, it was time to dig into that cheesecake. Haha, the "fork fight" we had when I tried to eat more then my share (Though I did manage to get a little more of the crust ... hehehe).

Despite having 4 bottles of sunscreen ... do you think I would take the time to slather it on all over me? I had already put enough on my face and neck and shoulders, thinking I would put more on later. Yea right. When you are with that good of company, sitting under the shade of a beautiful tree, the last thing on the mind is "oh, I need more sunscreen." I joked about "getting more color on my legs." Well, color on my legs indeed. The color of a bright red cherry. So now my best friend is aloe vera. haha.

We ended the afternoon with going on the swings!

So many laughs, so many memories made, good conversations, getting to know more about each other, much learning, a growing closer to God; today was certainly a gift! I certainly look forward to more good days ahead! I won't say "like today" because today was special, and not every time is going to be the same. I do look forward to what the future holds and what plans God is currently working on and slowly revealing to me! I am so thankful for today, thankful for the company, the food, the time, everything that made today possible. Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha! "poifect" weather indeed! I really enjoyed spending time with you, and am looking forward to getting to know you better! Indeed, I have been richly blessed by God to have you as a friend! It is my prayer that our friendship would remain centered and focused on Christ, our rock and cornerstone. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Ben! I look forward to growing in faith and friendship with you! I enjoy my time with you and await the next time we get together! :)

    ReplyDelete