Saturday, July 30, 2011

Out with the old; a new life chapter

Last night I had an amazing experience. As simple as it might seem, it was quite a huge blessing to me. I have been keeping a journal in the 5 subject notebook for over a year now. It holds much of my life's story and contains some very in-depth conversations about my life and the circumstances in my life. Also, many situations that I have been working on letting go of and moving past are in there. Last night I was overcome with such a peace and realization. I felt ready to let go of the past. I was ready for the new. So I took my journal and put it in the trash. I opened up a brand new journal and began writing. New beginnings were almost the first words. My old me is gone. I am new. I am taking this moment and moving forward. Not hanging onto past mistakes or past regrets.

I have some amazing people in my life whom accept me for whom I am today, and don't hang onto my past. They realize that whom I am today is because of my past, but that my past does not define me.

I look forward to what the future holds. I await what this new chapter/book of my life holds. <3

1 comment:

  1. "You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; to be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness." Ephesians 4:22-24

    "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!" 2 Corinthians 5:17

    ReplyDelete