Tuesday, July 19, 2011

It's not about a kiss

Very recently, I have been blessed in getting to know a certain individual.

This journey, though only started 15 days ago, has the potential for great growth. We both agree that this relationship needs to have a solid foundation of friendship built in Christ.

With this person, I can joke and laugh and have a great time (as someone said, "you certainly know how to dish it to each other!"). We push and we shove and we poke each other. I can be myself. He can be himself. There is no walking away asking myself "why did I do that?" or telling myself "I should have done something different." We are honest with each other about our feelings and our morals and our values. We have a genuine respect for each other. Sometimes it feels as though I've known him for more then just over two weeks. Whilest we are still in the early stages of getting to know each other, if nothing else, we will certainly have an extraordinary friendship!

We are taking things slow; first and foremost having Christ at the center and seeing where we go from  there. I feel so blessed to be getting to know this person. Today we spent almost all afternoon together. It is only the third time we've gotten together, but we communicate with each other so well. Again, there is much potential for great growth.

When I was talking with a friend, she asked "have you kissed yet??" When I replied no, I was then asked if we hold hands. And I replied no again, and that we are taking it slow. Very slow. I want to be sure that we have a lasting relationship built on Christ and that He guides us in every move we make. Actually, back 2-3 years ago, I read "I kissed dating goodbye" and loved the idea of saving the first kiss for the altar. Though I have not said that that is what I going to do, I certainly admire the idea and would love to have that goal. It would certainly take some self-control and the such. Though thru God, anything is possible!

With the blossoming of this new friendship, I am taking it day by day. There is no fantasizing about what "might be." Just focusing on the here and the now. God knows what He has in store for us. I pray that I continue on His path as He unveils this journey for us.

Just the two of us meeting is a story in and of itself. God certainly has put us in each other's life for a purpose. I wait in anticipation as he guides me down this journey!

In the meantime, I am ever so thankful for this beautiful new friendship! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment